Developing a comprehensive strategy for protecting intellectual property rights is fundamental to the success of many enterprises. Having a comprehensive intellectual property portfolio to compete effectively, and to tap into new markets, can significantly and quickly add to a company's bottom line. We design intellectual property protection strategies by taking into account not only the nature of the underlying technology, but also strategic considerations and specific business objectives.
Our services in this area include:
- Assessing intellectual property rights and related client policies and procedures
- Performing due diligence investigations and study of intellectual property rights and issues in connection with business and financial transactions
- Providing opinions on patentability, patent validity, patent infringement, inventorship, and enforcement
- Presenting seminars on intellectual property topics to legal, research and development, and business personnel
- Counseling in the selection, adoption, and use of new trademarks
- Advising with respect to procedures for the protection of patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights
- Developing and reviewing intellectual property policies and procedures, patent disclosure forms, intellectual property provisions, and employment agreements
- Participating in patent committee meetings to review patent procedures and strategies to protect intellectual property rights
- Negotiating and drafting confidentiality, technology transfer, development, supply, non-compete, nondisclosure, and research support agreements
- Enforcing patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights, and as well as defending claims of infringement through litigation as well as negotiation and alternative methods of dispute resolution
- Advising and providing opinions on Food and Drug Administration matters
©2018 Hamilton, Brook, Smith & Reynolds, P.C. All Rights Reserved.