Chris is an intellectual property litigator, prosecutor, and counselor with experience in a diverse array of technologies and industries.
As an IP litigator, Chris represents clients in patent, trademark, and trade secret disputes and provides practical, pragmatic legal advice in complex matters. His experience includes patent infringement actions in several federal district courts, including Hatch-Waxman ANDA disputes, trade secret disputes in state court, and contested patent and trademark proceedings in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Chris advises clients on a range of technologies within several domains of chemistry, biotechnology, and materials sciences and across a range of industries, including life sciences and high technology manufacturing. He provides strategic management of complex patent portfolios, trusted guidance on patent validity, infringement, and freedom-to-operate, and trademark clearance and management of large trademark portfolios.
Chris was individually honored in the Silver category by World Trademark Review 1000 in 2023 for handling trademark enforcement and litigation matters and for trademark prosecution and strategy.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Tufts University
- M.S. in Chemistry, Tufts University
- J.D., magna cum laude, Suffolk University Law School
- IP Audits
- IP Litigation
- Post-Grant Proceedings
- Trade Secrets
- Biologics & Immunotherapies
- Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Clean Technology
- Energy Storage
- Materials Science
- Medical Devices
- “Using Coexistence Agreements to Secure and Confirm Trademark Rights,” Hamilton Brook Smith Reynolds Webcast, September 14, 2016
- “Is Patent Prosecution Worth It?” IP Strategy Innovation Summit, Boston, MA, October 28, 2015
- “Biosimilars Update,” Boston Bar Association Lecture, Boston, MA, May 19, 2015
- Boston Intellectual Property Law Association (BIPLA), Former co-chair of the Chemical Patent Practice Committee