Alice concentrates her practice in patent law, licensing, and due diligence matters.
For 30 years, clients have turned to Alice for U.S. and foreign patent preparation and prosecution, drafting and negotiating of license agreements, infringement and freedom to operate opinions, research support agreements, and confidentiality agreements. She also provides diligence assessments for clients seeking public and private financing, as well as for mergers and acquisitions.
Alice’s clients benefit from an in-depth understanding of their technology and business goals and a continuity resulting from a long-standing relationship of representation.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- B.S. in Chemistry and Medical Technology, State University of New York at Fredonia
- J.D., University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce School of Law
- IP Intelligence and Audits
- Biologics & Immunotherapies
- Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Clean Technology
- Materials Science
- Medical Devices
- Medical Imaging
- Distinction in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for Boston Patent Law
- Distinction in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 for Boston Patent Law
- Distinction in Best Lawyers® 2020 for Boston Patent Law
- Distinction in Best Lawyers® 2019 for Boston Patent Law
- Distinction in Best Lawyers® 2018 for Boston Patent Law
- Honored by Best Lawyers® "Women in Law" 2017 Spring Edition
- IAM Patent 1000 Calls Alice Carroll a "Licensing and Due Diligence Queen"
- Distinction in Best Lawyers® 2016 for Boston Patent Law
- IAM Patent 1000 Touts Alice Carroll as a "Preparation and Prosecution Ace"
- IAM Patent 1000 Recognizes Alice Carroll as a "Great Sounding Board on Trends and Developments in the Biotechnology Space"
- Boston Patent Law Association